Monday, June 30, 2014

Welcome Story

This is my first blog dedicated to sharing my story about overcoming sexual pain.

My brief history....
I have primary vulvodynia starting in Fall 2010 and diagnosed in the Summer of 2011.

Spring/Summer 2011 had my first pap test which indicated a pain problem, as well as an inflamed cervix (problem unresolved or discussed by physicians).

Got married in the spring of 2012! :)

In 2012, I was referred to the Multidisciplinary Vulvodynia Clinic in Vancouver.
After 2-3 months of physio and counselling, there was little to no improvement.

Attempted physiotherapy (pelvic floor strengthening) for the first half of 2012, improvements in tension, not in pain relief.

Started seeing a naturopath in the late spring of 2013. Diagnosed with an under active thyroid. After several months settled on 185mg of amour natural thyroid.

Found a great therapist/counsellor who is supporting the psychological element of my struggle.

Finally consummated our marriage in the winter of 2014! woohoo, progress. Pain is about a 4-5, primarily a burning/itching sensation afterwards for approximately 20-30 minutes.

After a year on a wait list, visited a gynaecologist in my community, was referred to see a psychologist, and encouraged to go onto antidepressants. Took the referral, refused the drugs.

Whats up next?
Second Pap test in 3 years this July.
Appointment to see the vulvodynia physiotherapists in Vancouver at the end of August.
Continuing therapy with councillor.

No comments:

Post a Comment