Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Paps & Needles

Yesterday, I had my very first pap test in like 3 years (August 2011).

My very first one was absolutely terrible, and painful. The Nurse sent me home with STD anti-biotics because of the pain and inflammation of the cervix. I later came back two weeks later and was referred to a gynaecologist because she thought I might have vaginismisus.

Needless, I did not want to ever go through that experience again. But, it's been three years, and I figure I should do it and make sure everything was okay. I also wanted to try to explain the pain to the doctors as it happens --- because, despite attempting sex 4-5 times this year, each time has been painful! A burning sensation.

So... how'd it go?

It actually wasn't that bad! She did a finger test first (to find out where my cervix was and check out my vagina (I guess). And... it didn't hurt. It was discomforting, but it wasn't painful.

After that, it was the fun part with the whole scope thing. As requested, we used the little one! It wasn't too bad either, the pain got worse the longer the thing was inside, and hurt the worst afterwards (about a 4). She noted my cervix  had some white gunk on it (TMI) I know, and she had to 'clean' it off first.

I HATE GETTING MY CERVIX TOUCHED. IT IS SO UNCOMFORTABLE and Painful.

She sent off a swab for yeast... Anyone have any experience with yeast and vulvodynia? I know theres some information out there, but I don't know what I should be aware of if I have to talk about the doctor about it.


So, not bad. Not the worst thing ever. If my DH's penis was as small as a finger, sex wouldn't be such a problem, obviously. For some reason that was not as bad as sex. Hopefully this is good for the long run.



Update on my Acupuncture
- Went for another appointment, had more needles/points done this time. Not bad.
TMI - Last week a boil showed up on my labia the morning after my appointment. It's still there, and rather uncomforatable.

No comments:

Post a Comment